Thursday, April 30, 2009

My thoughts on prayer for Thursday!

Before I say anything else I want to say how much I love all the ladies of First UPC of Grand Prairie. What a privileged it is to be serving God and sharing my life and my family’s lives with you all. Each of you has already brought something to my life that no one else could have. I could write and write and write of all those things but…. I need to move on to prayer. Now the second thing I must say is please have a little mercy on me this is my first blog. I have wrote my thoughts on some of the social apostolic networks I have been on and have always felt a little intimidated because I really never knew what I was doing but one of the things I have learned about all of my sisters of Grand Prairie is that you all are very patient, kind and helpful. So here we go.

What is Prayer? This is a question I love to ask in kid’s church because I always get such a simple, uncomplicated answer. If I was in a room full of adults and asked them the same question I would bet (if I was a betting woman) that I would get a very detailed, complicated, three part answer. I would most likely be the person to give the most complicated answer.

I have realized in my prayer life that the answer is very simple. I don’t have to come to God with all the right words, or the perfect place to pray or even at the perfect time. There was a time in my life that if I didn’t pray first thing in the morning then I felt like I missed my time with the Lord as if God is only available from 6-7 am. It is necessary to have a set time for prayer every day. The most wonderful thing I have done in my prayer life is allow God to call me to prayer at any time so I have my set time and then I am available all times for him to use me in prayer. There are times when he calls me to prayer that are so incredible that if I was to tell you, you probably could not even believe it. But the invitation by God is so amazing because it really isn’t the invite it is the place he takes me and then the end result. What I mean is when God moves on me to pray other than my set time he is already there waiting for me and then we begin our journey together. Sometimes it is a sweet start and builds to a place of battle and then I may feel a little worn but he then offers a chance to be rejuvenated and that happens after the battle I enter a place of praise. It is an incredible experience if you have never experienced this I recommend it. It is simple to do you just have to say God whenever you want me here I am and I want to be used to touch you for someone else. Because I very rarely enter this type of prayer for myself or my needs, usually my set time for prayer is for my petitions, for my family, my church family and people who have asked me to pray but when I get that invitation sometimes I never know who it is for because God is so strong on me I can’t do anything but pray in the spirit and other times I know who it is for and he will allow me to see a result of that answer to his invitation. Don’t miss this opportunity because it is incredible. I know I have said it so many times but it really is. Allow the invitation, respond to the invitation and watch and see the results. I love all of you so much. I hope you have a wonderful day and I can’t wait to hear the results of when you respond to your invitation.

More on Prayer to come

Sis. Kim

4 comments:

  1. Sis.Kim,please,you intimidated? You did great!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. And I know what a powerful woman of prayer you are! Sis. D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey big SIS. that was beautiful and I am so thankful to have a sister that has a wonderful relationship with God. I Love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, Kim. I agree with Monica! You have no reason to be intimidated! :)

    Love you,
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete