Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Lite Classic Pecan Pie
Good afternoon everyone. Next week will be the first official day of Fall. So we need to get into the baking mode. So I have given ya'll a recipe for a Lite Classic Pecan Pie. Hope you all enjoy!
* 1 cup Karo® Lite Syrup*
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
* 1 1/2 cups pecans
* 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
* Customize Recipe
* add a personal note Add a Personal Note
1. Mix syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans.
2. Pour into pie crust.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F on center rack of oven for 60-70 minutes.
4. Cool for 2 hours before serving.
* Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup can also be used in place of Karo® Lite Syrup.
TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200 degrees F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray. If pie crust is over browning, cover edges with foil.
High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3 tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.