Thursday, May 14, 2009

Look and see what the Lord has done!

Wow, we have had some church! God is so awesome!

I wanted to share with you about some things I have been praying about and have seen come to pass because it is good for all of us to go through that list for ourselves. Take time to review things you have sought God on and how he has answered because it helps you keep the right mind set in prayer. I guarantee if you start to think of all the answered prayers and situations God has worked out and all Gods done you will be able to go through whatever you have to.

Sunday night was incredible for me and it was more incredible than maybe just an onlooker would have seen. We had 4 or 5 receive the Holy Ghost and it was so incredible to have the opportunity to be praying with the children that were at the altar. Also did any of you see the little girl setting next to me she would imitate everything I was doing during service. That just opened my eyes because the children really do watch what we do and I think about that responsibility and take it very seriously but while she was doing that I also felt in my spirit the hunger that she had and she did receive the Holy Ghost that night. She was so ready that even before Pastor announced the invite to the altar she was gripping the pew in front of her ready to go and she had the most serious approach about going to the altar I have ever seen in a child.

Here is the neat thing in all of this. A couple of weeks ago I wrote the blog and I talked about when God has you pray for someone and sometimes you know who and you see the results of this well this is my list I get to review with you today of the amazing ways God answers.

It starts with Sis. Duvall and when she got up to say about a year ago about reaching the children in the apartments around the church so that was the beginning of God answering. Not long after that about 9 months ago I was setting at my computer during the day and God had impressed upon me to go pray for the apartments around the church and it was one of those prayer meetings that God was waiting for me to respond and we had a time and I know when he pushes like that some things going to happen so I didn’t need to grow impatient just watch and see.

Then the next phase in all of this is Kids prayer. I knew I needed to start kid’s prayer one of those things God and I had a talk about and he decided to not let me go to sleep until I caught the vision. He is such a good God. So after I knew it was going to happen I started praying a long time before the very first Kids prayer about what direction to go and I just couldn’t get direction and it was about a week before and I was so excited God spoke and told me to pray about the kids in the community and he wanted me to pray about the enemy being silenced. I was so excited God spoke to me about this it was in the middle of the day on a Saturday and I just started to cry and get excited and my son thought I had lost my mind. I was so excited I had to text Sis. Duvall and say I have direction for kids prayer. She might have thought I was a little crazy too but when you have a relationship with God and he speaks to you it is just the best feeling in the world. No, I know she didn’t think I was crazy she is the best in believing in people in becoming what God has called them to be.

So then after we had that very first Kids prayer, we have had incredible results of reaching people in our community. Those kids touched God and watch and see what else will come of Kids prayer. Along with God using kids prayer he continued to impress on me to pray for the kids in the community. I remember a couple of weeks ago and I could not do anything but pray and cry for the children of the community and it was such a gut wrenching prayer that I could only utter the words my babies and I just kept it up until there was that release to stop.

Then Rodney and I had a couple of kids over this last weekend and God impressed on me to talk about him as much as possible so that is what Rodney and I did. We had children’s church going all weekend every time we could use an example we did. Then came Sunday night! You know you just can’t plan God but you can trust him and follow his lead and that has been such a rewarding experience. Every time I go over my lists of prayer or go over situations God has answered and seen me through it is usually following his lead or just seeking his way.

This is not the whole story but a just of it. I wanted to share because God is the mighty God and this is not the end of the story it is the beginning. One of my favorite things to do is hear about the awesome things God has done and then I get that in my spirit and start to pray God I know you did this and you did that so lets see this and that. We serve a prayer answering God! Another thought came to mind before I end. While in prayer one morning I had this feeling of God why do I have such a burden for these kids I don’t know and I have my own children and children that I know in the church already, I am just being real here so I hope nobody thinks less of me but as clear as the day God told me to take care of them and he was going to take care of mine which is ours because I was speaking of our children. So I thought I better share that promise God has given to me. Sorry for writing and writing but I just wanted to share with the best bunch of ladies in the whole wide world.

I love you all sooooo much!

Sis. Kim

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! You have blessed me today. I can't wait to see what these kids become in God. He is calling them. We are reaching them and they will be reaching, too. I had the privilege of talking with some of the older ones on Sunday night and hearing their hunger. I love you, Sis. Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful to see what's happening with all our community kids! I see future SS teachers, ministers, worship leaders, youth leaders, and so forth in this group. What I'm most thankful for is that they have great teachers like yourself to show them the way! You are awesome and you know how much I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an awesome service Sunday night! I so enjoyed watching those children receive the Holy Ghost! Great blog, Kim.

    Love you,
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  5. And we love you too sis.Kim!Thank you for listening to God when he speaks to you and not only listening but doing what he asks of you.You are a great woman of God and I'm so thankful we have you in our church,you have been such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete