Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Can You Tell Me Who Sits On The Circle Of The Earth?

Isaiah 40 has been one of my favorite chapters for some time now.

In the 12th verse it says that “He measured the waters in the hollow of His hand. He meted out the heavens with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?”

How can you measure the mountains in scales? Tell me if you can. Who stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain? Please tell me who is He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth? We are as grasshoppers before Him.

Verse 29 reads, “He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.”
Verse 31 reads, “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.”

And then, there was the service Sunday night. After eating at Bro. and Sis. Kennon’s party, prayer was beginning again in the sanctuary. I commented to Sis. Ruby that I just wanted to go back into the sanctuary and sit. Several young people were in the sanctuary praying and worshipping. Sis. Ruby said that’s what she wanted to do, too. The children’s sign team had also been in there practicing and the Spirit was falling.

As I entered the sanctuary, I sat down but was unable to just sit long. I had to be a participant. I saw different ones worshipping the Creator spoken about in Isaiah.

Please excuse the personal reference. I saw some of the young men I had in my Sunday School class about 10 or 12 years ago worshipping God. They looked beautiful! We also had one man come in off the street who joined us in worship. The children were down at the front praising the One who doesn’t need counseling or instructions. He is the One who sits on the circle of the earth!

Until next time,
Sis. Dorothy

1 comment: