Wednesday, June 24, 2009

IN THE KITCHEN

Ok. Thanks for requesting a recipe. I am going to make this short because Adan just had his surgery and I have lots to do. Housework never ends huh? Sis Duvall wants to know how to make refried beans.

Ingredients:
1 lb pinto beans
Approx 1 1/2 tablespoon of salt
2 garlic cloves
oil

Make sure sure remove any old beans and dirt or rocks from pinto beans. Rinse 2 or 3times. Add beans to boiling water. Add two cloves of garlic and salt. I cook mine in a 3 qt pan. Make sure you add boiling water (adding cold or tap water to a hot pot will ruin your pot)after the first hour and then recheck water level after 1 1/2 hour. I cook mine on #4 heat. They should be done at approx 2hours 15 minutes or 2 hours 30 minutes. Beans should be soft.

Let them cool down for a while. I put mine in the blender so that I won't be mashing them in the pan but you are welcomed to do it that way. Victoria doesn't like for me to do that because she does not like to eat the peel. She just don't get it. She is still eating it if I blend them.

When you are ready to refry just add oil to a sauce pan and let it become hot (not burned) and then add the beans and stir for 2 or 3 minutes. That's it.
You may freeze the remainder of whole beans and refry them at another time.

It's been a pleasure to do this blog. If you have any questions while your doing the recipes, feel free to call me.

nydia

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Thank you. Love you much and praying for Bro. Adan.

    Sis. D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try to make my own refried beans for a while. Thanks for the recipe. We'll be praying for Bro. Adan.

    ReplyDelete