Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pleasing God

Good Morning everyone! Praying that you all will have a blessed day today....


II Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I really didn't pay much attention to this scripture before , until I went to see my brother in prison. I don't remember what the conversation was about or why he even gave me that scripture, but he did and God only knows why.


Well anyways..... it has been two weeks since I went to visit my brother. That scripture has just been on my mind a lot lately. The scripture says to study to shew thyself approved unto God; to me this means we should be pleasing God in all we do. When we're praying, teaching Sunday School, doing outreach and in our everyday living. I want to strive in pleasing my Lord. Thinking of what our Pastor was preaching on Wednesday night....I don't want to be that person who will let people skip in line on judgment day. Do you?

1 comment:

  1. This is really good, Sis. Julie. It's so easy to go through life coasting and not realizing that we need to strive to learn more about God. Thank you for posting this. Love you so much! Sis. D.

    ReplyDelete